Find out what help and support is available to you and your family as the cost-of-living crisis continues to bite.

Get in touch with us to let us know if you’re struggling with your finances

Carnforth School: 01905 701099 or

We know everyone is feeling the pinch this winter and we want to support those families in our school community who are impacted the most. If you’re struggling with your finances, please do get in touch to let us know, as there may be things, we can suggest which will help. We want to do everything we can to help you and your child through this difficult winter.

Contact your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau or Family Hub

Citizen’s Advice Bureau (CAB)

You don’t have to be a UK citizen to get support from your local CAB, you just need to be
a resident of the local area. The CAB can help you with:

  • Getting benefits or other financial support organised
  • Accessing support for essential costs (food, bills, rent)

Visit the Citizens Advice’s website or contact your local branch to book an appointment

Phone: 0808 278 7891

Fax: 01905 23354


Address: The Hopmarket, The Foregate, Worcester WR1 1DL (map & directions)

Follow Us

Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter: @cab_whabac

Family Hub

Contact your local Family Hub to get help accessing all the support you might need as a family. Find your local hub  here or contact Tudor Way, Worcester, WR2 5QH Telephone: 01905 520 032

Check you’re paying the right amount of tax

Make sure you’re on the right tax code. If you aren’t you might be due a refund. Use the Money Saving Expert’s free tax code calculator to find out.

Claim any benefits you’re entitled to

Use 1 of these benefits calculators to determine whether there are any benefits you could be claiming:

You may be able to get benefits paid early if you’re already feeling the squeeze – this is known as ‘a short-term benefit advance’ – you will need to contact the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) office (Vine House, Farrier Street, Worcester, WR1 3EL) that’s dealing with your claim.

Check you’ve received all the government’s cost of living payments

The government’s cost of living payment is available for those receiving certain benefits or tax credits. You don’t need to apply for these – if you’re eligible the money should go straight into your account.

If you think you’re due a payment, but haven’t received one – report a missing payment to the government here.

Be aware of scams! If you receive any emails, texts or phone calls asking you to fill in an application form or asking for your bank details to receive a cost-of-living payment, do not talk to them or send a reply. Get more information on cost of living scams on the Money Saving Expert’s website

Find out what help you can get with your energy bills

Take a look at these resources from Simple Energy Advice, the British Gas Energy Trust and the Money Saving Expert website.

Let us know if your child is entitled to free school meals (FSM)

If your child is eligible for free school meals (FSM) you need to get them registered. This will allow them to get a free meal at school, and we’ll get extra funding to support your child’s learning. If you would like to apply for free school meals you can: